Friday, April 3, 2015

Food for thought

 

Son: "Daddy, may I ask you something?"

Dad: "Sure, what is it about?"
Son: " Daddy, how much do you get per hour?"
Dad: "None of your business. Why are you asking such thing?"
Son: "I only wanted to know. Please, tell me, how much do you get per hour?"
Dad: "If you insist... I get $100 per hour"
Son : "Oh! (with his head watching the ground)
" Daddy, would you lend me $50?"
His father got angry.
Dad: "The only reason you asked me about was just to ask me money to buy a stupid toy or any other useless thing! Now, go straight to your room and get in bed.
Think on why you're becoming so selfish. Each day I work hard just to come listen such childish pretensions!

Silently, the little child walked to his room and shut the door.
The man sat and got more angry thinking about his son behaviour. How did he dare to question me such matter just for the sake of asking me money?
After an hour circa, the man calmed himself down and, began to think:
'maybe the kid really needed to buy something with $50, 'cause he doesn't usually ask for money'.
The man went to the kid's room and opened the door.

Dad: "Are you sleeping, son?"
Son: "No daddy, I'm awake".
Dad: "I was thinking maybe I was to rude before. Today it's being a hard workday and I've run down on you. Here, take the $50 you've me asked for".

The kid promptly sat on his bed with a bright smile.
Son: "Oh, thanks daddy!"
Then, from bellow his pillow the kid took many crumpled banknotes. The man, watching the kid had already some amount of money, began to get angry again. Meanwhile, the little boy slowly started to count his money and, then looked at his father.

Dad: "You had already money, why do you wanted more"?
Son: "Because it wasn't enough but now is OK".
"Daddy, now I have $100. May I buy one hour of your time? Please, do come earlier tomorrow... I would like to have dinner with you!"

His father was speechless then, a tear running down on his cheek, the man held the kid in his arms and prayed his son to forgive him.

This is just a simple story to focus you that working much hard in life isn't a caring way to live. We don't realize that times runs away from our hands and we don't enjoy some with the more dearest of our lives, the more closer to our hearts. Would you remember that $100 aren't worth the time you spend with the one you love? If we have died tomorrow, the society  for/in which we work will easily replace with someone else in few days. But family and friends we left behind will be missing us all their lives. Start to think about: we put all our strength and more on our job instead of sharing with the ones we love.

Somethings are more important.
Please, think about and share.


No comments:

Post a Comment